Uninsured Accident Solicitor
Flanagan & Co. Solicitors represents clients who have been injured in a road traffic accident that involved an uninsured driver.
Our team of specialist uninsured motor accident solicitors deal directly with the Motor Insurer’s Bureau of Ireland (MIBI).
This Bureau was set up to compensate* individuals for their injuries following a road traffic accident involving uninsured or untraceable drivers.
Proceeding with the MIBI following a Road Traffic Accident
To proceed with the MIBI the claimant needs to provide:
- Their name, date of birth, PPS number and their address
- The registration number and the make and type of the uninsured vehicle involved in the accident
- The accident needs to be reported to the Garda and the Garda station where the accident was reported needs to be provided to the MIBI
- A valid reason for the claimant's suspicions that the vehicle was uninsured must be submitted
- The exact date and time of the accident
- The place where the accident happened must be reported
- A description of the circumstances surrounding the accident
Agents of the MIBI will need to interview the claimant, so the claimant must make themselves available for the interview at the agreed-upon time.
The interview will be conducted by authorised MIBI agents and will be held within 30 days of the claimant’s application submission date.