Proceeding with the MIBI following a Road Traffic Accident
To proceed with the MIBI the claimant needs to provide:
- Their name, date of birth, PPS number and their address
- The registration number and the make and type of the uninsured vehicle involved in the accident
- The accident needs to be reported to the Garda and the Garda station where the accident was reported needs to be provided to the MIBI
- A valid reason for the claimant's suspicions that the vehicle was uninsured must be submitted
- The exact date and time of the accident
- The place where the accident happened must be reported
- A description of the circumstances surrounding the accident
Agents of the MIBI will need to interview the claimant, so the claimant must make themselves available for the interview at the agreed-upon time.
The interview will be conducted by authorised MIBI agents and will be held within 30 days of the claimant’s application submission date.